Tuesday, November 01, 2005


Soft - All That You're Shown


2005

Holy Stone Roses, Batman! Soft has got that Manchester vibe down cold, right down to the shambling dance moves and big fat Gretsch guitars. I discovered Soft through ex-Fader girl Marisa Brickman who told me I had to see them live. Other friends started telling me the same thing and finally I broke down and checked Soft out at the Delancey. You know what? The hype machine was actually right for once; if anything, this band isn't hyped enough.

Soft has already played some shows in England and a bunch of hip parties in New York, one of which involved Paris Hilton, so I guess they're on their way to become coke addicts already. But this is gonna be one hell of a ride folks. By the way, I've heard the whole album and it's all awesome. Very Charlatans UK circa 1990. The lead singer told me the labels are swarming like pigeons on a stale bagel, but I don't think they've signed anything yet.

No comments: